Friday, April 19, 2013

Breakfast 

Egg bake from Day 2
Blueberries
Coffee with Coconut Milk

Lunch
Napa cabbage slaw with snap peas, avocado and Carrot Ginger Dressing - dressing adapted from this recipe (no miso, subbed olive oil, added coconut aminos)
Tuna with mustard

Snack
Starbucks Americano (2 shots of espresso and water)

Dinner - night out with the girls
"Chips" & Salsa (raw zucchini slices brought from home, and  checked to see if the salsa contained sugar)

Shrimp cocktail (just the boiled shrimp)
Sliced avocados


Thoughts and notes:
Made it through a night with the girls without having a margarita or wine. If I can do that, I can do anything!
Also, I realized two things: (1) It made me realize how much I have wonderful friends who support me. Although they lovingly teased me a little for being "that girl" who brings her own crudite to dinner, they didn't roll their eyes when I asked the waitress a million questions about ingredients and I didn't feel like I was a wet blanket on their fun. (2) I can have just as much fun without having a margarita, and coming home not tired felt great... which is good because I had a lot of food prepping to do for the next day. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment